Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Projects and 2010

I typically have a pretty difficult time following through on projects. I'm easily distracted and tend have multiple things going on at all time, jumping between them frequently. I sometimes wonder if I have ADD... or am just lazy, choosing to switch to something new whenever things get difficult. On the up side, switching DOES tend to help, as the temporary distance typically grants a new perspective.

My hope is to be more productive in 2010, so I'm trying to give myself a To Do List in order to keep me on track. Here's some of what I'm up to:

Secret Comics Project I
- My part finished in April, waiting on other(s) to finish their part. Very nearly done at this point, which means I should get back to scripting Part II of this very soon.

Secret Comics Project II
- 2.5 pages left to script. Already missed my self-imposed deadline of "End of 2009" because work became too overbearing. I need to find time to dedicate to finishing this and getting it off to the artist/editors.

Secret non-Comics Project
- Very long process, have a healthy start and no deadline. Anyone that knows me probably figures I'm working on this already, but I haven't made it well known. Actually encompasses many smaller projects, which I may break-out for my own clarity and time-management.

Return Missing Images to VOID
- Slowly chipping away at this. Highly time consuming due to the slow nature of the process. In need of large block of time I can dedicate to this.

Finish VOID Facebook App
- I put a lot of work into this over the weekend, blowing past old blockades, but ran head-long into new impasses. This comes down to research and educating myself more on the Facebook platform before continuing... meaning time and brainpower are needed.

Work on Doombox website
- Mostly wanting on others at this point, but there's a few things I can do to prepare.

Write Toolio comic
- A few weeks back there was talk on Twitter in which I basically volunteered to write a Toolio comic, possibly on-going weekly comic. Thankfully, I have an idea, but need to discuss with Galvo before potentially doing something to his character he doesn't like.

I'd also like to get into the next Pulpo, which hasn't been announced yet, but I think will really excite people.

1 comment:

  1. I really like these projects. I hope that you succeed with these (even if it's just half, or something). NO PRESSURE, of course. My Mac is dead (at least it definitely is acting like it's dead), and you know what? A part of me died with it. I'm glad you have motivation to do these things. I am now officially living vicariously through you.

    Like I said, though... No pressure. ;)

    ReplyDelete