Monday, December 19, 2016

A Sort of Best of 2016 Audiobook list

Some of the best stuff I read this year (though it didn't necessarily come out this year).

Seveneves by Neal Stephenson seems to be the lone stand-out among many fictional series this year.

I finished the Dead Six series which ended with a copious amount of guns and violence.

I ran out of Philip Marlowe to read. (This makes me sad, but reminds me that I should get more Elmore Leonard)

Very early in the new year I finished Michael J. Sullivan's Riyria series (both of them) and started The Legends of the First Empire.

I jumped back into the Pendergast series, reading books 5 - 8 back-to-back-to-back-to-back. 5 - 7 are basically a trilogy, with each ending in such a way I immediately needed the next.

The non-fiction front was dominated by Chasing the Scream: The First and Last Days of the War on Drugs (remains one of the highest recommendations I can make) and Why Liberals Win the Culture Wars (Even When They Lose Elections), both are good history lessons. Also, But What If We're Wrong?: Thinking About the Present as If It Were the Past.

No comments:

Post a Comment